S.I.P. (System In Place) for Finding a Sub
(Revised 7.9.14)The minute you realize you will NOT be able to serve on your scheduled Sunday (going out of town, have company coming in, neighborhood parade, whatever!!!) …..please call/email/text your TEAM LEADER (with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org) to let them know you are in the process of finding an Approved Substitute. Now, HERE’S the process!
- Contact another Partnering Parent from the Schedule with whom you could possibly switch Sundays.
- Who knows….they might need to switch dates also!
- Contact someone from the MAIN STREET SUBSTITUTE list. Password | kidcity2014
- This is a list of wonderful, already-approved workers who are NOT on the rotation schedule, who MIGHT be able to help on your needed day, but are under NO OBLIGATION to accept!
- If you are still unsuccessful in finding a sub, Contact your Team Leader.
- They will ask the OTHER Team Leaders if they know of anyone willing to ‘switch’ for your particular date. Be sure to let them know everyone you ‘tried’ to get coverage from, so duplicate requests are not made! The TEAM LEADERS will do their best to ‘cover the hole’. If they are still unsuccessful, they will contact Eula/Kathy, and your job is done!
- We would like to encourage EVERYONE to ask a relative, close friend, grandparent, neighbor, someone you would trust to give care to YOUR child……to be your ‘personal’ sub! They would need to sign the Consent for a Background Check form AND fill out a Volunteer Worker Application, so they could become an approved worker, serving only in YOUR absence!
Thank you for serving so graciously and seeing the importance in this S.I.P.
We are ALWAYS open to new suggestions and ways to better our communication so that we Build Spiritual Champions TOGETHER!!!
Power Hour is Kid City's version of Sunday School. Instead of sitting in a classroom with other students of the same age, our model divides and multiplies! Based on Mark 12:30, our children see EVERY Sunday how to Love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength!
Loving the Lord with all your HEART has to stir up some kind of Passion! Each Sunday we have a different guest speaker share theirs; Fireman, Maintenance Engineer, Mom, Missionary, Worship Leader.....always a different source loving the Lord with their WHOLE heart!
We talk about how our SOUL is really the part of 'us' that WHOLLY communicates (communes!) with the Father.
Using our whole MIND, we learn how to navigate through the Bible; Old or New Testament, Chapter, Verse, History, Law, stories, facts, and so much more!!!
We build our STRENGTH by exercising our physical temples. Sometimes we use hula hoops, sometimes a Prayer Walk, sometimes counting how many stairs are between the 1st and 3rd floors!.....and sometimes we do a little Cha Cha Slide!
And what would ANY Sunday School be without SNAX?
Come join us most Sunday mornings ......9:45 - 10:55am 2nd and 3rd floors!
The way we love ‘people’ in KID CITY is by assisting each family in transforming their children into Spiritual Champions, helping them become all God created them to be!
Sunday Mornings for Infants through 5th grade has Children’s Church starting at 8:30 & 11:00 a.m. and Power Hour(Sunday School) starting at 9:45 a.m.
Wednesday Evening Services are from 7:00 to 8:15 p.m.
Mother’s Day-Out Program is Monday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. during the school year.
On MAIN STREET, our newborns begin their KID CITY journey in the LITTLE PLANTS nursery where their development is not only physical, but spiritual. When they are able to walk, they move across the hallway to the MARKET where they continue to learn about a great big God who created them so very special. As these precious little ones become two, they move over to the FIRE HOUSE where they learn even more about God and how much He loves each one of them. The ZOO is where the three year olds learn more about other things God created including the animals and how unique they are. The SCHOOL HOUSE teaches our 4 year olds that learning about God’s Word is the best way to become all He wants us to be.
MIDTOWN takes you to the 2nd floor where the Elementary aged children are learning a new VIRTUE each month which helps them learn more about Godly Character. These life long principles are being taught in THE DEPOT for Kindergartners, 1st & 2nd graders and in WAREHOUSE 345 with the 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders.
Our ‘higher learning’ takes place on the 3rd floor at KID CITY U. Mpact Girls Clubs, Royal Rangers, Power Hour(Sunday School), Junior Bible Quiz are four of the Bible centered programs which meet weekly to enhance our ‘building’ of champions.
Kathy Stewart –Governor of Kid City